Have you thought of Skip bins? They are some available for hire here in Brisbane. A skip bin is a wide open-topped waste collector specially designed to be loaded onto a specific truck type when trying to dispose the wastes contained in it. It contains wastes from structure demolition, garden waste, or other waste and litter types.
They have a typical shape. Usually, its longitudinal cross-section takes the shape of a trapezoid. Skip bins have two lugs placed at its ends where chains from the lifting lorry are to be attached to lift the bin and place it inside the truck or sometimes a crane is used.
Skip bins are tough and durable, built to resist rough usage by labourers and tradesmen. Their sizes are determined by their expected usage. The bigger the skip bin size, the bigger the lorry (truck) required to lift it.
A small skip bin weighs about 550 Ib (250Kg) when it is empty and they are of various types and sizes.
Types of Skips Bins:
There are various types of skip bins available for hire from different companies.
- Open Skip Bins: This type allows people to easily load waste into them and is commonly seen on construction or job sites.
- Closed Skip Bins: They are more secure and restrict unauthorized persons from accessing and using them. Also, closed skip bins ensure that wastes contained in them do not exceed its limit.
- (RORO) Roll-on & roll-off skip bins: They are similar to open skips but are being rolled onto a wagon using a hook instead of the chains used by trucks to lift open skips. These types of skip bins are found in industries and they come in form of containers. They are not suitable to be used domestically.
- Mobile skip bins: Normally, they are set on a trailer with 4 wheels; they are not static. A lifting mechanism is applied to unload and load the skip bin back to the carrier.
Skip Bin Hire
Skip bin hire is a service offered by companies who have various sizes/types of skip bins. People contact these companies to hire skip bins to pack their wastes. Companies that offer Skip bin hire usually place “Level Fill” stickers on the sides of the skips to instruct the users on the limit of wastes to be contained in the skip; contents in the skip bin must not exceed the printed limit. This rule is set to prevent the users from overstocking the skip bin till the contents start dropping out from the sides. Also, it helps to maximize revenues for skip bin hire companies.
There are many companies in Brisbane who offer skip bin hire services. In Brisbane, skip bins can be hired online from various companies who offer the service. There are wide ranges of different sizes of skip bins in Brisbane: 2m3, 3m3, 4m3, 5m3, 6m3, 7m3, 8m3, 9m3, 10m3, 12m3, 30m3.
In Brisbane, you will find skip bins which are perfect for any type of waste collection like; household wastes, office wastes, industrial wastes, etc.
You may also want to consider these skip bin alternatives available in Brisbane:
- Engaging the services of a rubbish (waste) removal company
- Taking your waste to a landfill tip or a transfer station.
There are many waste removal service providers in Brisbane who can come to your exact location, pick up your waste and dispose them properly. This service is best for people living in an apartment or a flat who do not have much waste to dispose.
The city council in Brisbane operates 4 transfer stations and a landfill site too where you can recycle your wastes by yourself.
Brisbane Skip Bin Permits
Before you are allowed to place a skip bin in Brisbane, your answer to any of these questions below should be YES. Otherwise you may not be permitted to keep a skip bin.
- Will you leave the skip bin on the footway for more than 48hrs?
- Will the skip bin fully obstruct the footway, causing the pedestrians to take on an alternative path?
- Where exactly will the skip bin be placed – Within the CBD, footway or on a major road.
Brisbane City Council controls all business operations that are done in Brisbane such as; placement of a skip bin, rubbish removals and other business activities. The council regulates these activities to make sure that the public health of its citizens/occupants is safe and secured.
Skip Bin Hire Brisbane validity period:
Most companies offering this service allow you to hire and use their skips up to 5 days maximum and also offer rubbish removal service.
How are skip bins delivered in Brisbane:
Depending on the skip bin company you hired from, the skip bin should be delivered to your desired location.
How to pick the most suitable skip bin
Your choice of skip bin points down to the size of waste you generate from your home, office, work site, etc. There are various sizes of skip bins and the cost of hiring them depends on the size you choose.
Originally posted on April 14, 2018 @ 2:57 pm