If you’re looking for how to add ads.txt file in WordPress, here’s the article you’ve been looking to read. The ads.txt file must be updated before a website can be able to serve/display ads.
However, for sites designed with WordPress, it is easy to install a plugin and put the ads.txt file gotten from your ad network. Nevertheless, in some cases, or rather, some ad networks require that you manually install the file via cPanel to your domain root.
When faced with such a situation where you need to open cPanel to update or create a new ads.txt file, this tutorial will be quite handy to follow. Actually, I carefully wrote this article sequentially, and it detailed all the steps to take.
But before we go further, here’s the meaning of ads.txt.
What is the ads.txt file?
The full meaning of ads.txt is – Authorized Digital Sellers; it is an initiative from IAB Technology Laboratory that specifies a text file that can be hosted on a web server. Inside the ads.txt file, the ad provider lists the other companies that can sell their services and offers. Ads.txt is mandatory if your website must display ads.
How to add ads.txt using a plugin on WordPress (ads.txt WordPress)
If your website is built with the WP CMS, then you can simply install the “Ads.txt Manager” plugin and paste the text file provided by the ad network you choose.
To install the plugin, follow these steps;
- Go to your WP Admin dashboard
- Hover your mouse or click on “Plugins,” then click on “Add New.“
- Search for “ads.txt manager.“
- Click “install.“
- After installation, click on Activate.
When you’re done activating the plugin on your WP site, you will find a new option embedded into your settings menu. Simply hover your mouse at the “Settings” option to reveal its context menu; click on “Ads.txt.” and enter the file.
You can paste as many ads.txt files as you wish. All you need to do it to simply paste them to the provided space and hit the “Save” button.[the_ad id=”2859″]
How to add ads.txt to WordPress via cPanel
This may seem a complex task, but it’s definitely effortless and easy to do. How do you add ads.txt files to a WordPress website using cPanel? The process is straightforward; follow the steps below.
- Login to your cPanel/Plesk or the client’s cPanel/Plesk
- Lookout and click on the “File Manager” option
- Then, locate the website files; they are usually saved in the “Public_html” folder if it’s just your site that is hosted on the shared hosting account. If there is more than one website on the hosting cPanel, look for the website name and click on it.
- The folder name where your website files are saved might be different; contact the site admin to specify the folder with the website contents
- Scroll down, while looking out for the ads.txt file. If you can’t see any ads.txt file; then, create a new one. On the other hand, if you saw an ads.txt file, click on it to modify its contents
- Highlight the ads.txt file and click on the “Edit” button at the top menu, paste the ads.txt file you’ve copied from your ad SP, and paste it into the editor.
- Click “Save Changes” when done.
- That’s all; you have modified the ads.txt file on your website
If you need further assistance as regards this post, kindly drop a comment below, and I’ll help you out. I’ve tried to make this post as explanatory as possible.
Originally posted on December 2, 2019 @ 5:43 am
Thanks for this guidance. Now i have updated my ads.txt file using your website guidance.
It feels good to know that my tutorial helped you out.
Have a nice day